Our Mayor went into his job with a long list of plans. Read all about them here. We plan to report on each point as things change and improve. Here’s a list of what has been accomplished in the first 100 days.
- Over 1000+ hours committed to making decisions as the elected Mayor for the City of Barstow
- Over 10,000+ volunteer hours committed from volunteer(s) led by Anthony Brown, Deborah Harris and Bedford Moering in removing trash and debris from streets/properties
- Helped orchestrate more than a $1 Mil reduction in costs to tax payers and increased the efficiency in labor/manpower output of City of Barstow personnel by 100%, not (1) position eliminated
- Helped lead the Increase of available liquid cash for use by over 700k and increased the (overall) efficiency in the Finance Dept.
- Provided a weekly and monthly financial report for general public review
- Approved and Signed 100% of City of Barstow payables since Devember 21, 2020 and will continue
- Have attended (94) decision making meetings
- Flown over Barstow (3) different times for an overall view for positive change
- Driven 5000+ miles to meet with subject matter experts
- Have travelled to 4 different states to gain knowledge 1st hand (no cost to tax payers) for a better Barstow
- Participated in 3 BUSD School Site council site meetings
- Signed agreements in excess of $100 mil in (value) in new economic growth agreements
- Granted $70k of 2021 CBG grant funds for improvements to the Barstow Cemetery
- Signed a letter of agreement and intent to do “joint” municipal business on the Fort Irwin Military Base for the benefit of the City of Barstow and Fort Irwin . . . “Bridging the GAP”
There will be more to come for sure!